Easter celebration at Dilijan Central School
On April 7, the entire community of Dilijan Central School gathered in the school to celebrate Easter together. During the celebration, all participants not only had the opportunity to enjoy the informative program rich in performances, songs and dances about Shrovetide, Palm Sunday, Easter and Annunciation, but also participated in master classes and cheerful games that created great mood for those present, transforming the event into a memorable day.
Arm Wrestling Tournament
On April 16, a tournament in arm wrestling was conducted at Dilijan Central School, with participation not only of the DCS students, but also students from other schools of Dilijan and neighboring villages. The arm wrestling event was organized in honor of the World Champion in arm wrestling, Sargis Stepanyan, who had endangered his life to take a wounded soldier out of a mined area. Sargis Stepanyan personally was at school that day. The tournament was held in four categories:
- Up to 9th grade boys’ group – Lyova Tamamyan was recognized as the winner;
- Up to 9th grade girls’ group – Mary Hakhverdyan was recognized as the winner;
- 10-12th grade boys’ group – Lyudvig Aghajanyan was recognized as the winner;
- 10-12th grade girls’ group – Romela Aghajanyan was recognized as the winner.
The tournament enabled young girls and boys to show the strength of their arms and feel the charm of competition, and also gave them the chance to talk with the current World Champion in arm wrestling, to hear his inspiring words that one should never be afraid of difficulties, never surrender, and should make the necessary efforts to achieve goals.
On May 19, the annual swimming tournament among the students of Dilijan Central School was held. The current year’s tournament was dedicated to famous swimmer Shavarsh Karapetyan, whose birthday is on May 19 and who turned 65 this year. It was decided that henceforth the annual swimming tournament will bear the swimmer’s name.
The students competed in four swimming strokes and two groups – girls and boys:
- Crawl – Vahe Talanchyan was recognized as the winner in the boys’ group, and Mane Andreasyan – in the girls’ group.
- Breaststroke – Narek Davtyan was recognized as the winner in the boys’ group, and Lily Tovmasyan – in the girls’ group.
- Backstroke – Stepan Harutyunyan was recognized as the winner in the boys’ group, and Hrachuhi Andreasyan – in the girls’ group.
- Butterfly – Hrachya Margaryan was recognized as the winner in the boys’ group, and Nare Stepanyan – in the girls’ group.
One day with the students of the Military and Sports College named after Monte Melkonian
On May 20, 7 and 8 grade students of Dilijan Central School visited Monte Melkonyan Military and Sports College together with children from Aknaghbyur Village school. After touring the college and getting acquainted with the classes and daily life of the students, Dilijan Central School and college students played a friendly football match, followed by national dances.
On the same day, the children also made a hiking trip to the “Deer Breeding Center” located on the road to Lake Parz, to see the Caucasian noble deer brought from Iran.
Farewell to another generation
Being a primary school, Dilijan Central School bid farewell to 12 nine graders this year. They will continue their fascinating path of education at the following educational institutions: Ayb School (2 of the students), Quantum College (2 of the students), Physics and Mathematics Specialized School named after Artashes Shahinyan (1 of the students), and Dilijan high school (7 of the students).